Another great Spring time salad. It's still a little early to harvest some of these things from my own garden but will definitely try this again once the time is right. Fresh peas are so hard to find but frozen peas worked perfectly fine in this recipe. Flash frozen peas are the next best thing when the fresh one's aren't in season. Just soak them in cold water for about 30 minutes before you make this. Vegetarian times had this one tucked away and very glad that I found it here.
- 3 Tbs. Meyer lemon juice
- 2 tsp. minced Meyer lemon zest
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups shelled fresh or frozen garden peas
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, cut into ¾-inch lengths
- 12 radishes, thinly sliced (1½ cups)
- 3 small carrots, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 2 cups pea shoots or baby arugula
1. To make Vinaigrette: Whisk together lemon juice, zest, and salt. Slowly pour in oil, and whisk until dressing is emulsified.
2. To make Salad: Have large bowl of ice water ready. Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add peas and sugar snap peas, and boil 1 minute. Drain, and immediately dunk vegetables in ice-water bath. Drain well, and transfer to large bowl.
3. Add radishes and carrots to peas mixture; toss with 1/4 cup Vinaigrette (reserve remaining Vinaigrette for another use). Gently stir in pea shoots